Allsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Home Jevon!

2 posters

Go down

Welcome Home Jevon! Empty Welcome Home Jevon!

Post  Sportsfan20 March 7th 2008, 2:21 am

The Titans and defensive end Jevon Kearse agreed to terms Thursday on a two-year deal for $6 million, with a $1.3 million signing bonus.

It brings the nine-year veteran back to the scene of his greatest success — he was NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1999 and went to the Pro Bowl three times in five seasons with the Titans.

But will the move be a cure-all for Kearse after four largely mediocre, injury-filled years with the Eagles? And will it solve a problem for the Titans, who let two of their young free agent defensive ends get away this week?

“I know the expectations are going to be there,’’ Kearse said during a press conference at Baptist Sports Park. “People on the street tell me, ‘You were everything when you played for Tennessee.’ Now that I am back, I wonder what they are going to say now?”

Coach Jeff Fisher and General Manager Mike Reinfeldt flanked the 31-year-old Kearse, who looked as happy as any player ever introduced at a Titans press conference. He kidded about wanting to wear No. 10, which belongs to quarterback Vince Young, instead of his old 90.

Read the rest of the story here: http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080306/SPORTS01/80306046/-1/RSS05

Good luck Jevon. May your season's be injury free and successful with the Titans.
Sportsfan20
Sportsfan20
Heads
Heads

http://www.allsportsforum.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome Home Jevon! Empty Re: Welcome Home Jevon!

Post  nothingxxlife March 7th 2008, 9:28 pm

I'm glad Kearse got picked up by somebody; I knew he would and rather quickly too. He's got nine years in the league, and can definitely bring that veteran sense to any defense he joins.

Good luck and be well, Kearse.
nothingxxlife
nothingxxlife

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum