Allsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pryor Chooses Buckeyes

Go down

Pryor Chooses Buckeyes Empty Pryor Chooses Buckeyes

Post  nothingxxlife March 19th 2008, 6:36 pm

Terrelle Pryor, the nation's top-ranked high school quarterback according to the ESPN 150 and the top unsigned senior, announced that he'll attend Ohio State at the news conference at his high school in Pennsylvania on Wednesday. ~Christopher Lawlor, ESPN.com

The Jeannette Jayhawks football/basketball star has finally chosen to sign with Jim Tressel and the Ohio State Buckeyes, after "considering" three other schools: Michigan, Oregon, and Penn State. I say "consider," because simply, he never really considered Oregon or Penn State. He never even visited either school, saying of Penn State, "I don't like that place." "It's the country but they were in it." He discounted Oregon because of its distance from his hometown. So Pryor nixes Oregon because it's too far away and Penn State because it's in the country. Doesn't seem to me that either school got a fair shake, but then again, I'm not ranked #4 on the ESPN's top 150.

Well, now it comes down to Michigan and Ohio State. Michigan, on one hand, has no real starting quarterback since Ryan Mallet, who filled in for the injured Chad Henne last season, transferred to Arkansas. Ohio State has Todd Boeckman coming back, who led the Buckeyes to the BCS National Championship last year, losing to LSU. Mighigan has the spread offense of Rich Rodriguez, former head coach at West Virginia. While Ohio State's defense is always a force to be reckoned with, it's offense is not always up to that same par.

If Pryor's only mission is to get into the NFL (which something tells me it is), his best bet would have been Michigan, in my opinion.

Read the whole story here: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3301454

Any thoughts? Where is the best place for Pryor to have signed? Would he have been better off at Penn State or Oregon?
nothingxxlife
nothingxxlife

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum